Phone: 757-428-3251


0 item(s) - $0.00
You have no items in your shopping cart.


Beach Pet Hospital is able to offer health certificates for both domestic and international travel for your pet. Allow yourself plenty of time to research guidelines for your specific travel destination. Pet care can differ from state to state and country to country.

Obtaining a Domestic Air and International Health Certificate

For international travel, check with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in Richmond or the consulate of the country to which you are traveling to obtain any additional requirements or paperwork to enter that country. Always request the international health certificate at least 6 months before you plan to take your trip. This will give you enough time to get the vaccinations, possible quarantine, examination and paperwork in order.

Vaccinations should be current and you should obtain a health certificate that is dated no more than 10 days prior to departure. Verify the Rabies vaccination requirements for the state or country you are traveling to and get a copy of the Rabies Certificate. You will be required to have this if your pet is traveling by air.

For international travel, a copy of the rabies certificate will need to be provided to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) with the health certificate. If your pet received a Rabies vaccine elsewhere, please bring a copy of the certificate with you to the examination appointment. Medical history containing microchip, tattoo, and/ or flea control information may also be required. 

Aeropaws- International Pet Shipping 1-800-492-7297


For International Travel Only

For U.S. travel ONLY

Beach Pet Hospital Virginia Beach, VA Health Certificates

© 2014 All Rights Reserved.